Monday, July 7, 2008

Fragility of Life

Friday night, I met up with one of my best friend..for kopi. I went to pick her up at her place. She came down with her eldest sis's boyfriend, who was walking their dog. She told me that her eldest sis and her bf are intending to ROM end of this year. I know her whole family you see..

On Sunday morning, I was woken up by a call. I saw that it was my dad, so I ignored the call since I was still sleeping. But then I realised I had 5 sms...4 of which was from this best friend. Something wasn't right. I saw the first message: My sis passed away. The 2nd and 3rd messages were the same, but all at different timing..the earliest was at 9+am. I read her 4th sms and realised that her sis was admitted to ICU on Saturday, but had passed away suddenly this morning. I called her immediately. She told me she's with her dad, arranging for her death cert. I told her I would go down the next day, as during the first night she had many things to settle. In the end, after sms-ing to and fro, I decided to go down tonight with Feng.

You see, she isn't just my best friend. She's my "lesbian partner". She's my buddy. She was there when I needed someone most. She walked with me through my darkest time. And seriously, I find her sister very cute and funny. And to think just a couple of months ago, she told me that her sister is going thru a new medication which might cure her lupus. I was glad for her. I even suggested going up to her place and ask her da jie to play wii with me. But....

It was all too sudden. Da jie didn't even say goodbye to anyone.

I cried. When I went down, I cried again. You see..funerals aren't my thing. Even though she's the sister of my friend, I felt connected somehow. Even though I had only seen her da jie twice..but then...it's as though she's my da jie too.

My friend...I can feel your loss. I will be there for you. I will walk with you through this period. Cry if you must. With me, there's no need to be strong. You were the one who wiped my tears away and consoled me when Kev dumped me. Likewise, I will be there to lend you my shoulders and ears. I will wipe away your tears.

To da jie of SF..you will be dearly missed by your family members. And you had made the right choice in bf. Your parents had gained a son. He's one great guy. Please be happy and be free of illness. Look after your parents and your siblings from above. I know you will...cause you are the da jie. I can't help you look after your family..but I will help SF in whatever ways I want..this I promise you. As for your parents, your "hubby" will do it for you. He's really one great guy. Rest in peace ba.....



No comments: