Thursday, August 17, 2006

17 August 2006, Thursday

Nobody is infallible

Had a meeting earlier on this morning. All the sales coordinator was rebuked for having so many credit notes this month. Keep having to return customer money due to overshipped, defects or shipping to wrong location. Sigh. I've realised, nobody's infallible. Even an old bird can make mistakes, let alone a new bird; or in my case, not-so-new new bird. At first it was Xana, my team leader that went in to sign her credit note. I was called in as the problem was caused by me. Then as I was "lectured" further (my manager didn't think it was worth lecturing since it had already past), she realised that during this month, all the sales coordinators have this problem. So she called for a meeting. I was shocked to know that Sharon also have the same problem with me, for overshipping goods to customer. Meeting started at 9:40am and lasted all the way to 10:30am. A very long period for a "short meeting".
Everyone is bound to make mistakes somehow or rather, in their life. Nobody's perfect, nobody's infallible. They say practice makes perfect. Look at those atheletics, those gymnastics. They train hours after hours after hours, but they do make mistakes during the competition too. Small mistakes, mistakes that are negligible, but nevertheless, still mistake. How many people when performing concert, actually forgot the score? Maybe we don't know cause instrument players are trained to just go with the flow. That's what my piano teacher used to teach me anyway. Played a wrong note? Don't care, just continue as per normal, nobody will notice. Haha. Even machines make mistakes. But do we condemn the machines? When the machine produce a defect out of a thousand pieces, do we hit the machine and start scolding them? Nah. We don't. We carry on as per normal. As humans, we're living things. We have feelings. Sure, we might be affected when someone makes a mistake, but then pick up the pieces and just carry on. Why dwell on it? Forgive and forget.
But humans are still humans. To err is human, to forgive is divine. I'm a human too. I can forgive, doesn't mean I can forget. I can forget, doesn't mean I forgive. But then I can get on with life, just pick up the little broken pieces left by others, be it my heart, my feeling, my attitude, my life....


A wonderful guy

As we speak, I'm thinking of this wonderful guy. Although he'd been in part of my life for a very short time, he made me more grown up. Of course, when I'm with him, I'm the itty, bitty wittle girl who is always whining and stamping her foot when I don't get my way. But then, there are times where I really feel like strangling him and throwing him out of my house. There are times where I feel so loved that I just wana stay with him forever, sleeping in his arms and all. Sigh. Love is confusing , contradicting and frustrating. I love the way he looks at me when I'm kiddish, whining to get my way. Or the way he looks at me, bewildered that I'm actually so stubborn and clumsy. Or the way he holds my hand and hold me close, for fear of me tripping over or being hit by something. Or the way he's so protective over me that sometimes he scolds me, yet become soft as cotton candy when I start to shed tears. Yupz. That's my man, my Feng.
He's not those kind of sickening sweet guys, that will be romantic and say sweet love nothings. He's tall and I know I can always look nice beside him, he has broad shoulders for me to cry on, strong arms to hold me when I fall. Yah guess by now most of you are shivering le. Very rou ma right? But then I'm still very much in love with this man. It's almost 5 months and I still love him as much. With the exception of some days where I feel like killing him.
So many of my friends have told me that he's verey stable, and win you-know-who in so many ways; be it in height (he'll lose with two hands two legs down!), in looks (my Feng is soooo cute that my parents nicknamed him 'Shuai Ge') and in attitude. He's so much tolerable towards my temper. Maybe it's the fact that both of us are no longer kids, he behaves like an adoult, most of the time, and as time goes by, I'm SLIGHTLY (note the word slightly), affected by him. I tend to look at the bigger picture, to have back up plans and he had taught me that not everything will go the way I plan, no matter how long I've planned nor will it be ok if I throw tantrums. He's my man. Just want him to know that I love him. *Muacks* I also know that no matter how evil I am, how sarcarstic I am towards him, how childish I may behave towards him, how whiney I am, I know he'll be there for me and he'll still love me. Thank you dear.

No comments: