Monday, August 14, 2006

14 August 2006, Monday

Monday very blue

Why are my Mondays always so blue? No mood to work today, not forgetting my bum still hurts. Think I've sprained my butt. Argh. Pain pain. Sigh. My manager just asked me today if I have passport. She praised me today. That spurred me on to work slightly harder than usual. Note the word slightly. I'm having Monday blues, what do you expect? I can't wait for Sunday to come, I'm going Malaysia with my collegues, together with Feng of course. Going Malaysia to eat. To see this Medium called Bai Yi Niang Niang. Need to see what's in store for me in my coming years. Haha, will listen to the good and change the bad. Must go with open mind, as I'd always told people who don't believe in fortune telling. Just listen, it doesn't hurt anyway.
Anyway I'm going HK in October, for the electronics exhibition held there. Will be going with Sharon. Part of me can't wait cause it's an exposure I need and want. I mean, which company is willing to send their green horn to go? Somemore I'm barely 1 year old in the company. But part of me don't know what to expect there. What if they ask me what Rohs Compliance is? I can never remember that. How about the parts? What are they used for? Lagi can't remember. Sigh. 4 days in HK, then it's off to Dong Guan, our China factory for on site "training" and excursion. Can't wait to see how big our China factory is, nor how my China collegues look like. I'm always liasing with Kiki, Jade, Baohua, Maoyu and Roger, I wana see how they look like. Baohua will be coming Singapore before the HK trip, and she'll be joining me and Sharon in HK. Goody!! Someone to teach me Chinese! My Chinese sucked big time. Furthermore I'm handling HK/China accounts, together with Malaysia and Indonesia. 4 countries under my care. Haha. Sounds like alot hor? I'm taking half of each country only, and there's over 40 companies under my care le. Sigh. Tiring ah. Don't write le, need to have a good rest tonight. Feeling very tired. *Yawn*

A Relationship Is Like Rowing

A relationship is like rowing. You know? Like as if you wana row into the big sea, but there's alot of things stopping you from getting where you want. You have to be consistent, throughtout even from the beginning. If you use too much strength in the beginning, you will get tired easily. Your arms will be tired, mentally and physically, you're giving up. Or want to anyway. But if you row relaxingly in the beginning, sometimes you can't even get past the first wave that will bring you back to square one. It's just like in a relationship. Everything must be consistent. Someone once asked: "Won't consistency be boring? It means the love will never grow, never decrease, just like a flat line; won't it be worse?" To some extent it seemed so true. But then, won't it be sad if the initial part of the relationship is sweet, followed by bitterness? How many of us, when in a relationship, had honeymoon period, where everything is sweet and we can turn a blind eye to our partner's faults? And how many had, after a minimum, for some, a maximum of three months, started quarreling and began to see each tiny faults as if they were the worst fault anyone could have? Wouldn't it be better if throughout it's honeymoon or better still, never to have one at all? At least you would know what to expect.
Even rowing, you need to take effort to overcome all those waves that are hitting you back to shore. You have to be consistent in your rowing. There may be times when you are tired, but if you take a break, the waves will wash you back to shore bit by bit; yet without resting, your arms will break and be sore, and you'll be rowing slower and slower, and in the end get back to shore again. Damn I'm contradicting myself. Don't really know what I'm writing right now.
What I am asking for is consistency. That's all. I don't want honeymoon period. I want a guy who can forever be the same, in the way he treats me of course. I really envy those couples who could be together for 10 years, get married and stay as loving. How many of us are actually that fortunate? Most people are the sweetest at the beginning, then become a little rough and as time passes by, they just couldn't be bothered about each other anymore. I know the sea is rough, and it's tiring to row all the time. A relationship is based on 2 people, the rower and the waves. Sometimes the waves bring you to where you want to, but most of the time, without certain rowing, they will just push you back to where you started. It takes 2 to tango, 2 to clap, and of course, 2 people to make a relationship work. How many times have we looked at our partners adoringly and tell ourselves: "Yupz, he's/she's the one." Have you recently?
Will go on another day, it's too late at night and I wana revamp my blog...nitez.

No comments: