Tuesday, September 11, 2007

11th September 2007, Tuesday

9-11

Today marked the 6th anniversary of the twin tower incident. I remembered this very day, 6 years ago, I was chatting with Eggie on the phone and browsing through the channels at 11+pm when the incident was shown on CNA. I told him to watch the news and my mom came rushing at my screaming. She was shocked. At that time, I thought it was old news. Tot it happened the day before. Never thought it happened just a couple of hours before when I was watching the news. It really shocked the whole world.

If I don't remember wrongly, a couple of hours later, the Pentagon was attacked. Damn sway. Next day went school, I remembered discussing with my classmates. But they didn't mention much cause they didn't see the news late at night or early in the morning. I casually mentioned it to my mom that it was all George Bush's fault. Although Bill Clinton had scandals and such, but such things NEVER did happened during his reign. When G. Bush took over, Al Qaede and Osama started popping out and going against the US. Even Singapore wasn't spared.

In a couple of minutes, the twin towers, one, I mean, two of the more prominent buildings, collapsed into a pile of rubble, burying the people who were escaping. For a few minutes, it looked interesting and I was amazed. But seeing the people run out and all, I started dropping tears. They will never get to know who killed them and why. In a blink of an eye, 6 years had passed. And there's rumors going around that the real Osama might still be roaming around, even though they had caught him. WTF. Are more innocent people going to die? This is the time when I'm grateful I'm not born in the States, else I'll cry my heart out. Up till today, the spot where the twin towers once were, had remained a flat ground to remember of 9-11 and the innocent lives that went down with it. My deepest condolences to all. I feel for you guys too. May those who died rest in peace for ever, and those who cause it rot in eternal hell. Amen.

No comments: