Monday, April 28, 2008

THE Cheesecake Cafe

Erin and Jiawai dated me out at the beginning of this month on a Sat to The Cheesecake Cafe for a get together. They are my oldest friends, all the way back from Primary school. Jiawei was my partner (sitting next to each other) back in P6, whereas Erin had been my best friend since then. I went to pick Erin up at her in-law's house, to find that Jiawei was also there. No point in driving 2 cars, so I suggested driving down to Siglap instead.



We chose to seat inside (they being non-smokers, insisted that I can't smoke while I'm inside..LoL) on the sofa. It is a real cosy place. I've tried the chocolate cheesecake there before, but had never been inside. Oh, the wonders of aircon on a hot day!!





I ordered a Tiramisu (as usual), while Erin ordered a Peach cheesecake and Jiawei ordered a Oreo cheesecake. We ordered a drink each and french fries with cheese. It was nice catching up with them. Whenever I'm with them, I'll feel incompetent and will spur myself to catch up to where they are now.



The interior designs are very nice..much like a French + Gothic kind. Empty wine bottles are lined cross the beams on top of each tables. As usual, I started taking picures of the place...DISCREETLY.


Behind the low wall is the bar, which apparently at 4pm, isn't opened yet. LoL.



The entrance, the counter, the paintings and all. How I wish I can just nua there for the rest of the day. Sigh.



They have a sunroof in the middle of the cafe, where the natural lighting of the sun bounces off the decorative statues and the little man-made stream. Very French and Roman...with the urns and all.



The walls of the cafe are lined up with many pictures..as in many! This was my last photo of the cafe because the waitress came up to me and told me that no picture taking is allowed. Opps. Wanted to take pictures of the cheesecakes, but apparently unable to. You can visit their website for the pictures though. Trust me. It's as delicious as it looks, if not, more delicious.


The address -
East Coast:
685 East Coast Road Singapore 459054
(Near Siglap Centre)
Tel: 6448-7725 Fax: 6448-7226

Operating Hours:
Sun - 3.30pm - 12am
Wed-Thu - 4.30pm - 12am
Fri - 4.30pm - 12.30am
Sat - 3.30pm - 12.30am
Eve P.H. - 4.30pm - 12.30am
Mon-Tue - Closed

When I bit into the tiramisu, I was practically melting. It was nice. Not too firm and not too soft. The taste? Heavenly. I tried Rin's peach cheesecake. It was heavenly too! And I couldn't stop myself from eating the cheese fries. They are nice enough to eat with just chilli or ketchup. Cheese was served in a container, so you can just dip it in, or if you're lactose intolerant, you can still share this with your friends! Don't ask me for the total bill cause Erin and Jiawei treated me as a sort of belated birthday celebration. Thanks darlings!! Maybe find one day go again...I like this kind of cafe. Sigh.

No comments: