Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm Too Late....Again....

I just received news from my nanny's daughter that my nanny had just passed away. I'm in shock now. This nanny used to be my neighbour who lived 3 doors away. This was also the same nanny that looked after me since I was 6 mths old till I was in primary 5. She moved away when I was in sec 1. She moved to Jalan Tenaga, just 3 bus stops away. But ever since she moved, I've never been to visit her except once. I kept telling my mom that I would go over during CNY, but it never happened.

She's gone. I wanted to visit her. Really. She lived very near to my student and I was thinking of dropping by. Now it's too late. Now...I can only go to her wake. She was the one who taught me so much about Christianity, till I told my mom I wanted to be a Christian when I was younger. She was the one who made ngor hiam and made sure she gave me plenty cause I liked it so much. She was the one who taught me hokkien when I was younger till I told everyone I'm a Hokkien instead of Hainanese. Too late le. I no longer can tell her that I'm currently studying uni. I can no longer taste her ngor hiam. I can no longer call her 'mi mi' (short for mummy). I'm sorry for not visiting you. Think the last time I saw her was during her mother-in-law's funeral back in 1998. 10 years le. Really sorry....forgive me can mi mi...I missed you. I'm really sorry.....

No comments: