Thursday, September 14, 2006

14 September 2006, Thursday

Despicable Guys...hate them

Sigh. I've heard that money can make the world go round. But is money really that important till one has to take advantage of whoever is softer or someone close? I've this friend, let's call him Mr Dee. I like the name...Mister Dee...cool name for someone so despicable. Anyway, Mr Dee and I had known each other for 8 years. The first 3 years I know him, he was very warm, very sincere. Anyone who knows him would brand him as Mr Nice Guy. (Hmmz...that's his surname...haha!! Ops..discreet..) We became bros and sis, which was very popular then. He was nice to me, always by my side when I needed him. But as one grows older, the greed for money grow as well. He is always thinkin of gimmicks to earn extra cash. One fine day 2 years back, he suddenly re-appeared after disappearing for more than 6 months. He asked me if I was interested in setting up a business which required $0 to set up. He wanted to set up a website to sell clothes/accessories/shoes/bags/cosmetics that are sold in Far East. His target audience? Female shoppers. Initially I knew that wouldn't work. Who would want to buy cosmetics online unless they already knew the brand or are regular customers? Needless to say, all clothes and shoes need to be tried on. Maybe you can fit into size M of brand A doesn't mean you can fit into size M of brand B. Right? But him being my brother, I gave him the encouragement. We have meetings, to improve the website..and where to source for suppliers and all that. Then by and by, I think he got the message that I wasn't interested. We had to fork out $100 each to print cards and all that. I was like...WTH....I'm still a student. I barely had enough money to feed myself and Kevin each month. Kaoz. He wanted me in because I'm open and daring enough to approach potential customers/suppliers. Sigh. 我有利用价值。
This guy disappeared again. Cause I'm useless le. 没有利用价值了. I message him in msn, his reply were always short and curt. By and by I gave up. But he re-surfaced this Febuary, cause he came to know that I'm helping Thomas wrap flowers. He wanted a joint-venture. He told me he's organising a Valentine's dinner over the weekend and needed our services. Instead of bouquets, he want single stalks of rose wrapped up. After calculating our cost (which is around $1++/stalk), we decided to sell him at $5. (Cause Thomas says he can see that this guy is just checking out our prices, so he can go outside sell cheaper) He wants everything!! He wants the bear (200 of them), the flowers (200-300 stalks) and everything wrapped up. Yet he wants it cheap. He wants us to do all the dirty work, collecting everything nicely for him and all he have to do is sit back, pay us the buying price for everything and earn all for himself. From that day onwards, I had never heard from him anymore. That is until 2-4 months ago, he started becoming a part time property agent and approached me again, asking me if I had any friends interested in buying house/property. Piangz. What do I look like? Information booth? Or a middleperson for everything under the sun? Crazy.
It so happens that David started working for Far East Organisation at that time, so I told him my friend is selling condos. If he got customer, he can intro to David. But he can expect NOTHING in return. Cause David not his friend. Don't try to eat him. Argh. and he's gone again. Today..my hands too itchy, or I was too bored. I messaged him asking what he's doing now. He told me he's trying to set up web business and a little of property selling/buying aka property agent. I asked him what about his job at ST Electronics? He told me his contract ending soon. He's looking for ways out..earn more money while he's young. Call me stupid or unadventurous or whatever term you can brand me with, but I think that's being unrealistic. Instead of diversifying when nothing is confirmed or earning money, why not concentrate on one first? He then asked me if I have friends in TW. I told him my boss was from TW and my company's agent and supplier also from there. He was suddenly very interested in my life. He asked me what I working as, and he was shocked to know that I'm working. DUH!! Else think I so free? Go help Thomas wrap flowers during V day? I've grad...exactly 1 yr!! Kaoz. To think he call me his sis when he know NUTS about me. I should have seen this coming, why he so close and so concerned today. Cause he want's to bring goods in from TW!!! Fuck!! What do I look like? Stop trying to take advantage of me. I'm not naive ok! U not paiseh one ah, keep taking advantage of my good nature. Think I won't be angry or I'll sua sua to all ur requests? It's getting too much, and out of hand too! U're like a devil now, greed had taken over you. Fuck u! Fuck off. Don't need you to be my friend. With a friend like you, I no need to beware of 小人 anymore! Argh!! Hate u man.....think I'm stupid.......*angry*

No comments: