Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Gan Sway
Damn sway lor! My lips were red since last Friday...and today the stupid bump appeared on my lips!! Argh!! Yes I have cold sore! So idiotic lor!! And the prevention? Avoid kissing and skin contact with people while blisters are present. Ekks!! I can't kiss anyone!! Not that I would want to kiss ANYONE but Feng...well Feng just have to kiss me then. IT SUCKS!! Let me explain WTF a cold sore is.

Cold sore: A small sore situated on the face or in the mouth that causes pain, burning, or itching before bursting and crusting over. The favorite locations are on the lips, chin or cheeks and in the nostrils. Less frequented sites are the gums or roof of the mouth (the palate).

Cold sores, also commonly called fever blisters, are caused by herpes simplex virus type 1. The virus lies latent (dormant) in the body and is reawakened (reactivated) by factors such as stress, sunburn, or fever from a wide range of infectious diseases including colds. Recurrences are less common after age 35. Sunscreen (SPF 15 or more) on the lips prevents recurrences of herpes from sunburn.


Let's see something else I quoted from MayoClinic:
Cold sores are common. Though you can't cure or prevent cold sores, you can take steps to reduce their frequency and to limit the duration of an occurrence.

WTF. I can't prevent? I can't cure? ARGH!!! Ok I know the picture looks disgusting. Well, in the initial stages of the cold sore, it ain't that bad. And mine is just a little one at the corner of my lips. Can't even see if I suck my lips in. LoL. Just trying to self soothe myself. Very sad de ok!

Once you've had an episode of cold sores, the virus lies dormant in the nerve cells in your skin and may emerge again as an active infection at or near the original site. You may experience an itch or heightened sensitivity at the site preceding each attack. Fever, menstruation, stress and exposure to the sun may trigger a recurrence.

Si bey sianz. Gotta go see doctor tonight again. FUCK LAH! ARGH! So damn pissed off with myself. FUCK OFF FUCK OFF!! @#$%%^&

No comments: